Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Update on A Magical Society Guide to Place Names

Two weeks ago I hit 200 entries for the Magical Society Guide to Place Names and I just penned the 300th. Progress is coming along nicely and I'm starting to get the itch to get on with the synthesis/writing part of the work and out of the data collection part. However, that'll have to wait as I'm only a little more than half done with all of the various place names in the scope of the work. Adding new words has slowed down some, so I'd be surprised if I hit 600 entries. 500 entries will probably be where I end up and that should be plenty to make a nice useful list for a GM's campaign world.

...and now I'm thinking perhaps A Magical Medieval Society: Guide to Place Names should be the published title. I am only focusing on a relatively short time period and location, after all. I'll have to think about it.

...and now I'm thinking that I could turn this into a new chapter for a 3rd Edition of Western Europe like I did with the warfare chapter for the 2nd edition. It's been 7 or 8 years since the 2nd edition, so that may not be a bad idea either.

...and now you're thinking that I don't know what I'm going to really do with this and you'd be right. :-)

No comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP